Fracking, or hydrolic fracture mining of natural gas, is safe and plentiful, and it is dangerous and overstated. Politics has dictated and cajoled in the discussion about whether fracking is safe, and I don’t hope to resolve all of the issues, but felt that as I could summarize and enumerate the arguments succinctly for everyone. Feel free to add to this.
- Tiny Footprint for mining
- Drills well below aquifers
- “Small amounts of additives we use every day around our households”
- Water could be lit on fire before drilling
Frack No, we won’t go!
- Examples of lighting water on fire
- Current boom means installations are flouting laws and regulators
- higher methane, and industry won’t release baseline numbers
- water pollution from “wash up”
Tell me where I’m missing key points!